Saturday, June 5, 2010

Becoming a More Positive Person


I've always been the sort that feels a healthy dose of skepticism is a very good thing in most situations. In recent years, however, I've found myself slipping over to The Dark Side with more regularity, and have developed the propensity to assume the worst in people and situations rather than the best. While I don't want to be the world's next Pollyanna, I do have to find a way to moderate my negativity.

Some would look at my life and things that have occurred as justification for my current nature, including me, but I know on some level that I have to change this. I don't want to be a bitter person, I don't want to be miserable. But I find myself like this more and more, and I know it has to change.

Frankly I'd rather just forget it and wallow, but I know I can't do that. So, kicking and screaming, I forge on towards positivity.

Somehow I think this is going to take awhile. (No Laura, bad!)

What I mean to say is, I can do this. I will do this. And my life and my family will all be happier and healthier for it.

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    As a youngster, I was Pollyanna-ish. As I've aged, I've become more jaded...however I find that I am happiest when I do focus on the positive. So here are some observations from someone with her (coffee) cup half full - as far as affirmations go, if you state them in the future [I will do this]they don't manifest. State them in the present [I am a positive person.] Or if that is hard try "I am becoming a positive person. My future is bright. A positive attitude comes easily to me." When I am stuck in a funk I go outside for a brisk walk and repeat over and over "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better."
    Much love,
    MEB

    ReplyDelete